Love and opposites...


As Francesca said, we share a connection and affection for one another that can't really be fully explained. Like things that happen to us...she has a cold, we talk to find out I also have a cold.  Sunday when we talked her girls had made pancakes, and I had made pancakes that morning as well (not something either one of us makes often at all).  We could keep going with examples of these parallel experiences and shared energy.

For all of the things that Francesca is, I am in many ways not.  The Yin to her Yang.

She has these three beautiful daughters that are her heart...and I also love them so!  

But I never had the desire to have children of my own. I work with children, and cherish the work that I do.  I have four nephews that I adore and enjoy every moment that I spend with them.   However I enjoy coming home to my cats and my husband and some of the space that that kind of lifestyle affords me. And the travel...without which I may not have met Francesca!

However, our trips to Italy and my adoration for her Italian "girls" had me follow my heart and invite an exchange student into our family this year!  I knew when her name was Francesca this would be a good fit.  And it has been so much fun...something I know I would not have done had it not been for my relationship with Francesca and her daughters. 

Francesca is a dog lover; I am a cat person through and through.


She loves cooking for those she loves; she loves to travel.  I can say 100% I am the same.

When we can cook and travel together, that is the best! 

She loves the early morning; I love the late night hours.  

She loves breakfast; I skip breakfast every day for my intermittent fasting lifestyle.

We both love books...not opposite in our love for story vs. the TV

Francesca works incredibly hard...I would like to think I do too. But I think I might be better at seeking relaxation...she doesn't stop! I love to help her in her work, and I also love to help her relax!

Francesca eats little and exercises a lot.  I...um....yeah.  I'm sorta the opposite on this one. I'm the chubby to her svelte.


Her love for shopping on sale...yeah, I'm a fan of sales, but I am more of a "I want just the right thing" girl, even if it comes at a price.  But I believe we both share a generous spirit.

And I think we both value forgiveness...sometimes she is much better at it than I am.

I am a planner and organizer...Francesca is too. But she has a more spontaneous spirit that has helped me to learn to trust the present and not try to control things through planning.  But I also think my planning often can yield good results...so I'll work to strike a balance there.


She's my perfect opposite.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Lisa can what I can't

Amiche di cuore...